Blog Post #1

     Hi, my name is Frankie Johnson and I am a freshman at Florida State University! This is my first semester at FSU. I transferred here from Tallahassee Community College last semester. I enjoyed my time at TCC but am excited to start my new adventure here at FSU as an Elementary Education major. 

    I think around second grade, my school started using iPads for different purposes. We didn't use them too much though, I remember going to the Media Center (Library) once a week where we were able to check out books but also able to have computer class where we worked on different computer projects. As I moved into middle school, we started ding more stuff with technology. In sixth grade, I had a class called "Study Skills" and one of the things we had to do each week was practice typing on a computer. At my middle school, 8th graders were loaned iPads and we did most of our assignments through there using "Google Classroom" and the other Google website such as "Google Docs" and "Google Slides." When I got into high school, my school required for all students to buy an iPad and use it all four years of high school. We also used "Google Docs" and "Google Slides" for several assignments. 

    I am very fortunate with the personal learning network that I have. I have great family, friends, coworkers, classmates and past teachers that I learn so much from. A lot of my family members work in the field of education and I learn so much from them. I talk to people in my PLN very often about education and learn more and more about my possible future aspirations. I also follow a lot of teachers and other people that work with children on social media!

Comments

  1. Hi Frankie! In my elementary school we would also go to the library once a week and learn about computer skills and work on some projects. I think it definitely set the scene for future years in school and helped to build a solid foundation. In middle and high school, I also worked closely with Google websites and I found it to be different coming to college and being exposed to Microsoft and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Frankie, great post! It's so nice reading your post and hearing about where your from and everything! My school also had iPad, and so I feel like I am definitely a "digital native", I feel like since I was young, like you said 2nd grade, I have used and been introduced to technology and the internet. Once again great post, and I love using things like Canva and google slides/docs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frankie, I enjoyed reading your blog and learning more about you. I also have transferred from a community college and understand how it feels to start a new experience. I agree the older grade level probably uses technology more in the classroom setting and should have a better understanding.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #3