Blog Post #2

       I have not used Microsoft too much as a student in grade school. I remember using it in Elementary some, but in Middle School we got introduced to Google Docs and I have been using it ever since. When I was at TCC last semester, that was my first time using Microsoft in a very long time. I was required to use it for some assignments but when I wasn't required to use it, I just used Google Docs instead. It seems way easier for me to use, probably just because I am more used to it. Now that I am at FSU, I plan to work the same way I did at TCC. I take notes and do most of my assignments on Google Docs, and only use Microsoft if it is required. 


    I think the most important ISTE standard is being a good digital citizen. I don't think I would say I've learned anything new about the standard but the information definitely supported my opinion that I already had. It is very important to me that as more people continue to use the internet for  a variety of different ways, they learn how to be good digital citizen in anything they do online. 

    I agree that most of today's youth  could be labeled as "digital natives." Digital natives are people that have grown up with technology and they are fairly comfortable with using most technology. I think most of my teachers who would be considered "digital immigrants" were fairly comfortable with technology. I would say me and the other students had different strengths when it came to technology, while my teachers knew how to do things that the students couldn't. As someone who works in a daycare and babysits often, I have noticed that children today are way more familiar with certain types of technology than when I was their age. For example, this 10 year old boy I babysit for is very comfortable with coding! I definitely couldn't do what he was able to do when it came to coding. I anticipate that in the future, I will be in the same situation my previous teachers were in and my students will be in the position that I was in. I will know how to do certain things that my students won't know how to do, while my students will know how to do certain things that I won't know how to do. 

    

                            
    



    
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #3