Blog Post #5

    I think I got Instagram when I was in sixth or seventh grade. I started following family members, friends, and celebrities. Since I first got Instagram, I still follow my family members, friends, and a few celebrities, but also regular people who base their content on certain subjects that I find interesting. I follow a few different teachers and other people who have careers that have to do with children. These accounts help me gain a better understanding of what career field I might want to go in because they give honest information about the pros and cons of the different careers they are in. 

    
    The digital divide can definitely harm students. If the administration and teachers aren't aware of the lack of technology access some of their students might have, these students' academics could be severely affected by the digital divide. As a teacher, it would be very important to be aware of the technology access my students have outside of the classroom and have that assist in designing my lesson plans. If I give my students a project they have to do on a computer, I need to remember to give my students ample amount of time to get that project done at school. 

    If I become a teacher and have a student with an IEP, I would like to use Central Reach in my classroom. This academic software allows teachers, administrators, and the guardians of a student with an IEP to be on the same page about the student's individual progress they are making in school. I would also like to use the academic software called Teachers Pay Teachers. This software allows teachers to buy and sell materials to other teachers. This software would be beneficial for teachers and students by obtaining materials you know would work because other teachers have used them, while you are also supporting teachers by buying their products. In my opinion, this is better than using a big corporation's materials that might have employees who have never been teachers in their lives. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #1

Blog Post #8

Blog Post #3